Things to do in the Newnan Area
- Antiques: Newnan, and the neighboring towns of Fairburn, Sharpsburg, Palmetto, Senoia, and Hogansville all offer great antiquing opportunities. Brochure can be picked up at Welcome Center. Some local Shops and Events are also listed below:
- Atlanta: Atlanta is just about a 20 minute drive
from Oak Grove Plantation. The Access Atlanta site has information on restaurants and
site-seeing in Atlanta as well as Braves, Falcons, Hawks, and Thrasher schedules.
Atlanta Motor Speedway: Atlanta Motor Speedway is a superspeedway in Hampton, Georgia, USA, 20 miles south of Atlanta.
- Arbor Springs Golf Course: The Arbor Springs Golf Course is located just across the street from Oak Grove.
- Callaway Gardens: On U.S. 27 south of the City
of Pine Mountain - Gardens, Beach, Restaurant, Butterfly center, Horticultural center,
Chapel, Victory Garden, Bike rental, Golf.
- Dunaway Gardens: Dunaway Gardens has been described as one of the south's largest natural rock and floral gardens. There are spring-fed pools, stone waterfalls and extensive hand-laid rock paths, walls, and staircases throughout the approximately twenty five acre tract.
- FDR's Little White House in Warm Springs: On GA 85 - Retreat of U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Newnan and Coweta County: The Coweta County Convention & Visitors Bureau at 100 Walt Sanders Memorial Drive, Newnan, GA 30265.
Home Page: The City of Newnan offers tours and information for newcomers. The
Newnan-Coweta Historical Society has published a driving tour brochure of twenty-two
antebellum houses which still remain. Another driving tour through Newnan's five National
Register Historic Districts is clearly marked for the visitor.
- Roosevelt Warm Springs Institute for Rehabilitation: On
Alternate 27 near the City of Warm Springs. Polio museum & original pools. (706)
- Serenbe Community : The settlement of Serenbe is found in the heart of Chattahoochee Hill Country. This 40,000 acres of rural Georgia is about the size of Napa Valley, and is one of the last undeveloped stretches of land in the Atlanta area. It is currently home to about residents, restuarants, galleries, shops, the Inn at Serenbe, Serenbe Organic Farms and Serenbe Stables.
- Six Flags Over Georgia: This
large-scale amusement park is located on Interstate 20, just west of Atlanta.
- Stone Mountain Park: Visitors to Stone
Mountain Park can explore 3,200 acres of breathtaking scenery, pristine lakes, forestland,
spectacular flora and miles of nature trails as well as the greatest variety of
recreational and entertainment activities including unique attractions, tennis, golf,
fishing, hiking and camping. The Park is located only 16 miles east of downtown Atlanta
off U.S. Highway 78.
- Warm Springs Historic Village: On U.S. Alt 27 and
GA 85 - More than 60 specialty stores.
- Wild Animal Safari: At 1300 Oak Grove Road - drive
through live wild animal park - admission charged.